Littering In Review!
July 9, 2015
Every year, just before Independence Day, my intrepid photographer Lil Red heads out for the shorelines and waterways with camera in hand. Her mission: to photograph litter. The reason: So I can accompany said photographed litter with a column bitching at you for littering. Sadly this article represents the 5th anniversary of this yearly campaign.
There is some good news though. The amount of refuse to photograph was considerably less in comparison to previous years. Stop! Don’t go patting yourself on the back. There’s still s*** all over the place, just less of it.
However, in honor of there being less litter, we here at Have Chainsaw Will Travel have decided to award those litterers whose litter was found photo worthy.
1. Here we have a campfire constructed of litter. Too bad aluminum and plastic aren’t something you’d want to burn and will produce toxic gases.
2. So when you get a flat tire do you leave the defective tire lying in the road too?
3. Just the top of a pizza box. The bottom was used in a campfire then they moved onto cans and bottles.
4. Was it really so cold you had to burn your chair? Or were you just too lazy to carry it the 10 yds back to the parking lot?
5. Rusted jagged metal seems dangerous enough but what the hell, let’s break a bottle up in there too.
6. The classic “bottle in the water,” how majestic; till it breaks and becomes the shards of glass in your foot.
7. A sock…in the fire with no mate in sight. There were actually several solo socks along the shore. Is one-sock-foot swimming a new trend?
8. How nice. Did you enjoy the view whilst sipping your large sweet tea? Then just left it there to ruin the view for everyone else?
Now if you can lay claim to the litter in any one of these photos contact me at the e-mail address below to receive your prize of $500…in fines…for littering!
Questions, comments and column ideas are welcome via through the Focus, or just E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can FRIEND me on Facebook under Saw’s Brood!
Hope to hear from ya, until then try and stay focused. See ya!