10 Uncomfortable Questions
December 4, 2014
Courtesy of modern technology there is very little wonder left in the world. You can find out virtually anything about anything with the push of a button (or an extensive web search). Nowadays there’s a world of information, complete with pictures and everyone else’s opinions, available right at your fingertips. Yes, you can know and learn everything there is to know and learn about everything; but what about you? What do you really know about you? Where can you go to find out about yourself as an individual? The only source for that kind of info is in the most intensely complicated, highly advanced computer system on the planet...your brain. So how do we access ourselves? How do we get to the root of who we truly are?
Assembled here are 10 uncomfortable questions. They are designed to delve into the subconscious, to eat into one’s moral fiber and inevitably, to enlighten the individual. Be forewarned, this is not a joke, these questions are not meant to be, nor are they funny. For the most part these are incidents and scenarios that could never occur. Self education begins when you think about what you would do if they did. So without further ado, Have Chainsaw Will Travel presents
10 Uncomfortable Questions
1. Your home is being destroyed by fire. Everyone is out safely. You and you alone have time to grab one item from inside the inferno. What would you take and why would you risk your life for it?
2. The person (a friend or family member) who is closest to you has been diagnosed with a terminal illness. There is no cure. They are suffering terribly and they are going to die. You have a moment alone with them and they plead for you to end their torment. Would you pull the plug and let them exit with a remaining shred of dignity?
3. In an accident involving a skill saw or other motorized cutting tool, would you rather lose the index finger off your dominant hand? Or loose the first 3 fingers off your stupid hand?
4. There is a God. If he were to show up and call his chosen home, would you really get to go?
5. The two people you hold dearest in your heart are inside a burning building. You have just enough time to save one before the structure collapses. Whom do you save?
6. You find out your spouse (or boy/girl friend) of several years has been cheating on you for months. You actually catch them in the act. The next day, while driving on a secluded back road, you see their car has gone off and is slowly sinking into a river. They and their lover are inside unconscious. What do you do?
7. Would you rather lose the use of your legs or your sight?
8. If you could change one event in your past (at least five years ago) what event would you choose and considering the effect it would have on your life today, would you?
9. You find out an older relative, whom you love dearly, is a registered sex offender and has molested children for years. They pop in for a surprise visit. What do you do?
10. You must rape or murder one of you parents. Who do you choose? What is their fate and why?
No doubt, number ten struck you like a slap in the face. What kind of sick twisted question is that to ask? Well, think about it in comparison to your answer for number two. All these questions link together in a manner that can make a hypocrite out of you in a heart beat. Once you get the pattern, you’ll find the answers you were looking for about yourself.
You see it’s not in answering that you gain insight. More over it is your true initial reaction to reading the questions.
This is a Chainsaw Classic column - Saw will be back with a new column next week.
Questions, comments and column ideas are welcome via through the Focus, or just E-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can FRIEND me on Facebook under Saw’s Brood!
Hope to hear from ya, until then try and stay focused. See ya!